When we are already parents of a beautiful baby we want to buy from a stuffed animal to accessories for the crib or cars, with the sole purpose that they have fun and entertain for several hours until they fall asleep.
In the market there are a wide variety of accessories for the crib, car, cars, among others, in addition to those found on the page BabyShopClub that some of us do not know what they will do or will simply be a toy that our baby can manipulate and play with him.
But each accessory that you will know in the next post, will be able to provide you at some point where your baby will have the need to entertain himself, another is to change his diaper either in your car, instead of waiting to enter a bathroom, give him security either in the car, etc.
There is another difficult decision in the life of every parent, choosing the ideal stroller for baby. We feel that pressure for how important this product is, and also for the innumerable number of models available in the market, also now the cars have multiple functions that we do not even know if we are really going to end up using it.
That is why today we are going to teach you how to choose the right car for your baby, showing you the different types of cars separated into categories so that you can choose wisely which one best suits your lifestyle.
Some data that you must take into account about strollers
- Look at the structure, the strollers are made of different materials, however, the most recommended is reinforced aluminum, since they are easier to handle, more durable, lightweight and do not heat up in the sun, which prevents your child burn if it touches any exposed part.
- Another important point is the wheels, the caster wheels are recommended because they are easier to maneuver, they are better for lowering, climbing, bending and avoiding obstacles.
- We recommend the reversible handle because it is practical, you can carry it forward or back whenever you want.
- You should also pay close attention to the upholstery material. Children usually play, eat and dirty it, so it is essential that you choose up holstery that can be removed, is washable and dries easily.
- You must pay close attention to stability as it is the one that provides security to your little one. If there are baskets to store things, it is best that they are located on the bottom, just above the wheels. This balances the ride and there is no risk of the car tilting.
- We continue with seat belts, currently it is required that cars be regulated by 3 or 5 point belts.
- Finally you should look at the seats, it is recommended that they be reclining, so your baby can rest more comfortably.
What should I know before buying a stroller?
When looking for a stroller for your baby, keep the following in mind:
- Your location: If you live in a city or suburban area, you surely need a sturdy stroller to use on the sidewalks. You may also have to close the stroller suddenly to get on the bus or subway. Easy-to-fold strollers that fit in a vehicle trunk are ideal for parents living in suburban areas.
- Your family: If you have an older child, you might want a double stroller or one that has an accessory for an older child. If you’re using an accessory, be sure to read the manufacturer’s weight guidelines.
- Your lifestyle: An umbrella stroller could be useful for running errands or traveling. Do you plan to go jogging with your baby? So, you could look for a three-wheeled stroller.
- Accessories: Do you want the stroller to have a storage basket, a rain cover, a blanket, a sunscreen or a coaster? Some strollers are not compatible with certain accessories.
What kind of stroller is safe for a newborn?
If you plan to use a stroller for your baby, make sure it reclines as newborns cannot sit or hold their heads up. Some strollers fully recline or can be used with a bassinet accessory or a baby car seat. However, most umbrella strollers do not provide adequate head and back support for younger babies. Also, most three-wheel strollers are not designed to recline. As a consequence, they are not suitable for babies under 6 months.
What should I know about travel systems in strollers?
If you have a car, you can look for a stroller in which the seat for your baby’s car can be placed. Some car seats and strollers come in combo sets, while others require separate accessories that allow the stroller to be used in some car seats. Once you attach your baby to the car seat, these types of strollers will allow you to easily move your baby between the stroller and the car. If you use a travel system that allows you to move the baby car seat from the vehicle to the base of the stroller, you may be tempted by the idea of letting your baby continue in the car seat the nap that started in the car . However, prolonged sitting in a car seat can also contribute to the formation of a flat spot on the back of the baby’s head, in addition to worsening gastroesophageal reflux disease and affecting breathing. Experts suggest that the child should not be allowed to sleep or relax in the car seat for more than two hours.
What happens if my baby has special needs?
If your baby was born prematurely or has health problems, you may want to use a stroller with storage space to help you carry the necessary equipment, such as a heart monitor or oxygen. Parents of babies with similar health problems can be a good source of advice. What other characteristics should I take into account? Consider reviewing security measures, including the following: • Practical brakes. Find a stroller that has easy-to-use brakes. Some strollers have brakes that lock two wheels, a special safety measure. Make sure your baby can’t reach the lever that releases the brake.• A broad base. Strollers that have wide bases are less likely to tip over.• A single footrest. If you are looking for a double stroller in parallel, choose one that has a single footrest that extends through both seating areas. Small feet can get caught between the separate footrests.
How can I keep my baby safe in their stroller?
To prevent stroller accidents, do the following:
• Stay close. Do not leave your baby in the stroller unsupervised.
- Be careful with toys. If you hang toys on the front bar of the stroller to entertain your baby, make sure the toys are secure.
- Fasten the belt. Always fasten your baby’s harness and seat belt when you take him for a ride in the stroller.
- Use the brakes. Activate the stroller brakes every time you stop it.
- Store your belongings properly. Do not hang a bag on the handle of the stroller, as the stroller can be turned.
- Be careful when closing it. Keep your baby away every time you open and close the stroller, as it can tighten the fingers with the hinges. Make sure the stroller is wide open before putting your child in it.
- Keep it out of the sun. On very hot days, do not leave your baby’s stroller in the sun for long periods. This can cause plastic and metal parts to become hot enough to burn the baby. If you leave the stroller in the sun, check the surface temperature before putting your baby in it.
Thanks for reading this article. Click the link below to buy useful items BabyShopClub.com